Thursday, December 22, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

These are vintage fruitcake tins. They were made in America. I get them out every Christmas and am always reminded of the year my sister and I made the New Year's resolution not to eat fudge for breakfast anymore. My aunt used to fill these tins with homemade fudge every year at Christmas.
The crocheted piece is a Christmas gift from a wonderful friend and neighbor. It was hand made in Germany. She had three. Now she has two.
 


This is a Christmas table topper I made this year.  It took me a while to cut into the fabric but, once I decided on this simple design, it was done in no time.  I decided to quilt in straight lines, rather than meander, and I think that was a good choice.


This is last year’s table topper hanging on a recent flea market find.

One more.
 It's raining and no one wants to go out to play.
Thats all, Folks!
Jenny


No comments: