Friday, July 27, 2012

The sewing olympics

I'm going out for the Olympic Sewing Team.  It involves a lot of shopping preparation.
I bought a Kona Candy Corn  fat quarter bundle on Ebay. 
I have an Ebay history. 
 Bidding on stuff I don't really want and then praying I don't get it.  That went on till I bought my
second featherweight and swore off. (althougth I did really want it).

Sew, today, I was looking for Kona solid bundles to do Geta Grama's Urban Delight quilt. 
I don't know how I ended up on Ebay. 
I found one of the bundles I had been looking at and thought it was a bargain
 (and free shipping).  Then I got an email asking me for money.  The auction's over??????  Well, I still got the free shipping, even though the price was the same as I had seen elsewhere.  Well, at least it's on it's way (for free, too.)

 Is this not toooo beautiful?? 
It will be a full size bed quilt. 


Simple and Modern Quilt Pattern

I really wasn't going to do any more bed sized quilts, but I am
starting to get into color.  I love prim
and civil war fabric, but I've done them
so much.

Below is the quilt I'm making for the what we call
the "big girl bed" (queen size).

Sandcastles Quilt Kit

and here I am ready to cut some of the fabric.  So far I've
only miscut about a yard of fabric. 


and below is me
finishing up a certain birthday quilt.

quilt, quilt, quilt 


This guy growled at me.



bind, bind, bind



I love these clips.  this quilt is now all done.
But since it is a birthday
surprise (even though the giftee knows she's getting it
and has been seeing it on my blog since January)
I will not show the completely finished quilt
till I give it to her.


Here is a table runner that is almost finished.

A sunglasses case -
finished


This sunglasses case
is a prototype.  I will be making eight of them.

Look who found his way into
the Peacedgoods Studio.


AKA Heart Attack Jack.
I plan to have him sewing before the
end of the year.



My cuz, Paula, and I
are going to make table toppers with this
cute Christmas fabric.

OK
I think that brings you all up to date
on what's going on around here.




No comments: