Tuesday, January 3, 2012

happy birthday to me


Well, you'd think an old girl like me would quit having birthdays, but I decided to keep having them till I got a pair of socks knitted by my pal and knitting companion,
Debby.

i know.  how special.
And there are only so many ways you can model socks. But, that didn't keep me from taking about fifteen pictures of the socks on my feet.  But I will spare you and only post a few.


Above is the shy sock pose.

This is the lazy sock pose.


The single sock pose. 
 (just like they come out of the dryer)
I know you will not be surprised when I get that call from Project Runway. 
Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks will be knocking on Debby's door
begging for a pair of these to wear in the Victoria Secret fashion show.
Can you see it?  Walking on the runway in nothing but socks and wings?

OH WAIT!

I almost forgot this is really supposed to be a quilting blog,
which brings me to my next special gift from my other pal and knitting buddy, Patty.  
 
Lovely quilty coasters. 
I will now be able to serve drinks in my studio. 
wearing my socks.
(and wings)
(and a halo)

1 comment:

Debby said...

You're a hoot! loved the pictures and narratives!