Sunday, May 6, 2012

by popular demand

I talked with my sister , today, and she wanted me
to update my blog because she finds it amusing.  I told her
it is not amusing till something amusing is going on
but to humor her, here goes....

A priest, and rabbi and a monkey were sitting at a bar-
no wait-
a priest a rabbit and a monkey-
no
ummm?
enough humor.

My week started out with a headache from falling asleep on the sofa. 
I'm a firm believer in sleeping when you can
and paying for it later.
Anyway, after some Advil (gulp), coffee, and a coke,
I was ready for a Monday morning of making stuff.
A week or so ago I received this lovely mug rug in
the mail.

The artist had posted a pic of it
on Flicker and I expressed a desire to have it
and now it is mine!  It has the most amazing label on the back.


As you can see, it has a place of honor next to the Featherweight.
So, to reciprocate, I decided to make the giver a little something.


Sew, sew, sew. Cut, cut, cut.
And, I (copy cat) decided to try printing a label to put on the back. 
I am one of those people who thinks you can do anything you want with
fabric and anything else you want with a computer.
I designed my label, ironed the fabric to freezer paper, then let the fun begin. 
(viewer discretion is advised)
This does not look good.


Nor does this.


It is at about this time, I am wondering
what kind of cool printer I will get
to replace this one.


A wireless one, for sure.


Well, I got it out.  then plugged the printer in and tested it.  I put the paper in,
and it just rolled out the back.  I tried a few more times before I
noticed this on the table.


So I popped it back in, and everything is good as
new.


I did end up with an acceptable label, but I decided to iron it and sprayed on
a little starch and it bled.  (I know this is gory, but wait till you see
what else I have to show you)


The little house quilt with a fox looking out
the window is ready to go (once I fix the sidewalk).

OK

Ready for some more gore???

Here are the innards of the featherweight.


First, at a distance,


Now, a little closer,

now, up close


I know, enough, already.

Now, this is interesting.  I took some stuff (technical terminology) apart so I
could soak the parts and make them shine.

Only one problem, I put two parts in and got three parts out.
Fortunately, I knew what the third part was, and was
able to get it all back together. 
There are about 48 places on this machine to
oil.  There is no place to oil the new machines.  
And no parts to soak in a bowl.  

Here is the quilt top I pieced using her.  It's doggy fabric and will 
look better once it is quilted.    


this is a doggy

 the other doggy

and both doggies.

Life is good

1 comment:

verykerryberry said...

The fox peeping out of the window of your little house block is so cute!