Thursday, May 31, 2012

Look what I found on my walk, this morning!!

I used to love walking along the River Road
and picking wildflowers.
I especially loved the Queen Ann's Lace.
I would bring home the flowers and make
lovely arrangements.
Now I have a personal shadow who does
all my planting and I just have to pick.

 This bouquet was picked Tuesday for our
Cave Girls sewing day in the PeacedGoods studio.  
I brought it out of the studio to freshen it up (the Poppies had all lost
their petals) and I noticed that the
spider wart had bloomed in the vase (aka jar).
I think it looks nice next to my pin keep (designed by Sue Spargo).


I love all the fuzzy stuff in this arrangement.
speaking of fuzzy stuff,

This little Daisy loves to follow me around when
I get out the camera (or go to the kitchen
or the bathroom).  You are never alone when you have a dog.

But, look what I found on my walk!!!!!!!!!!!!


I only picked a few that were hanging into the street and
almost dragging the ground.
Really, more of a rescue than a theft.


This is a real vase my sister (the other Jack) gave me
years ago.

Well, as I said, the Cave Girls got together to sew, Tuesday. 
Below is a pic of Debbie's latest (almost finished) table runner.


I just love her idea to put sparkly gold rick rack down the
middle.

I am so lucky to have such talented and photogenic friends.


This is what I worked onIt is a table runner,too.


Another photo of our flowers.  
 Just look at all the little maple
trees growing in the bed.  I have never pulled so
many of these "volunteers" out of our beds as I have this year.
If left to grow, we would be living in a forest this time next year.


You never know what you really look like till you have
seen your reflection in a gazing ball. 
Now, I know have red geraniums  growing out of my feet.

Anyway, when I go for my walk tomorrow,
I am going to take some scissors.  It is gentler than breaking off
the stems of whatever I find to rescue.  
But, maybe I'll ride my bike, instead.  I have a lovely
Nantucket basket on the handle bars that would be
perfect for picked (pilfered)
blooms. 


 Plus, I can make a faster getaway.


No comments: